Multi-Convolution Seal rings are designed for low to moderate sealing force conditions and high spring back.
JETSEAL manufactures Multi-Convolution Seal rings for high cyclic deflections, high temperatures and high
Our Multi-Convolution Seals are capable of sealing both liquids and gases in almost any diameter and a single
or two-ply cross section with one to 13 convolutions.
Leakage rates for split style Multi-Convolution Seals are improved by incorporating a
Non-Welded Slip Joint Cover
in flange applications that experience large
radial growth due to thermal cycling.
JETSEAL employs a patented Non-Welded Slip Joint for improved sealing. Some metal seals designed with a welded
slip joint cover may crack at the weld and increase the leakage rate.
JETSEAL's patented Slip Joint reduces leakage to the smallest effective value at the seal's split line and
eliminates part failure due to cracked slip joint cover welds.
JETSEAL's Non-Welded Slip Joint also eliminates the potential for foreign object damage (FOD) from failure
of traditional welded slip joint covers.
- Operating pressure range:...............Vacuum (1E-10 torr.) to 3,000 psi
- Functional temperature range:.........Cryogenic to 1350°F (732°C)
- Typical leakage rate:........................1E-3 sccs He/mm circ.
- Alloy 718 (AMS 5596, 5589, 5662)
- Alloy X-750 (AMS 5598, 5582, 5667)
- Waspaloy (AMS 5544, 5706, 5586, 5708)
- Other metallic materials are available
- Silver (AMS 2410, 2411)
- Tin (ASTM B545)
- Nickel (AMS 2403, 2424, QQ-N-290)
- Gold (Mil-G-45204)
- PTFE (AMS 2515)
- Plasma/HVOF wear coatings
- Other plating options are available
Application Data Sheets are available in Spanish, French, German, Russian, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Farsi,
and Hebrew from JETSEAL's Downloads
or Contact Us