Can seal liquids or gases in almost any diameter with 2 to 13 convolutions. Designed for temperatures to 1350°F (732°C) and pressures to 3,000 psi.
Multi-Convolution Seal rings are designed for low to moderate sealing force conditions and high spring back. JETSEAL manufactures Multi-Convolution Seal rings for high cyclic deflections, high temperatures and high pressures.
Our Multi-Convolution Seals are capable of sealing both liquids and gases in almost any diameter and a single or two-ply cross section with one to 13 convolutions.
Leakage rates for split style Multi-Convolution Seals are improved by incorporating a Non-Welded Slip Joint Cover in flange applications that experience large radial growth due to thermal cycling.
JETSEAL employs a patented Non-Welded Slip Joint for improved sealing. Some metal seals designed with a welded slip joint cover may crack at the weld and increase the leakage rate.
JETSEAL’s patented Slip Joint reduces leakage to the smallest effective value at the seal’s split line and eliminates part failure due to cracked slip joint cover welds.
JETSEAL’s Non-Welded Slip Joint also eliminates the potential for foreign object damage (FOD) from failure of traditional welded slip joint covers.
For more specifics, download our E-Seal Catalog (PDF).
- Operating pressure range: Vacuum (1E-10 torr.) to 3,000 psi
- Functional temperature range: Cryogenic to 1350°F (732°C)
- Typical leakage rate: 1E-3 sccs He/mm circ.
- Alloy 718 (AMS 5596, 5589, 5662)
- Alloy X-750 (AMS 5598, 5582, 5667)
- Waspaloy (AMS 5544, 5706, 5586, 5708)
- Other metallic materials are available
- Silver (AMS 2410, 2411)
- Tin (ASTM B545)
- Nickel (AMS 2403, 2424, QQ-N-290)
- Gold (Mil-G-45204)
- PTFE (AMS 2515)
- Plasma/HVOF wear coatings
- Other plating options are available
Please call for pricing and availability or fill out the Application Data Sheet (PDF) and Quote Request Form.